Discipline ... 3-2-C

Image Credit - money.com

Discipline (leading a systematic life) is very necessary for all to live a successful and happy life, isn't that what we always hear? But question is, how many of us follows that meticulously thought and planned routine over a long period of time, let's say 12 months?

If you are someone like me then answer will be NO, I usually don't follow through with my routines over long periods because:

  • Results are not as effective as I assumed them to be at start
  • Notice my friends are enjoying and here I'm depriving myself, only to follow this strict routine.

Over short period, I'm able to convince myself that all of this is for good, but soon enough steam dies out and all these routine and disciplined life just doesn't make sense!!! And there goes my meticulously thought and planned routine, moreover it happens over and over again.

But Why? Why I could follow established routine over long periods (years) at school, work, sports sessions ... but not the one I set for myself (my personal life)? Is it because I prefer to follow a define and accepted routine by society or may be because I'm not serious about myself and my own development. Something just doesn't add up.

To answer this, I tried an experiment which I call 3-2-C means:

3 = #Frequency : x3 Times / Year
2 = #Duration : 2 Months Timeline
C = #Cycle : Repetition

3x cycles of activities which you want to complete within 2 months period 

In words, #3-2-C

  • Pick up an activity that improve my personal or professional life
  • Set very clear goals to be achieved in 2 months time 
  • Repeat this process 3 times over the course of 1 year

Key point: during these periods of 2 month, one must spend at least 2 hrs on daily basis on practicing chosen activity.

Why does it work for me?
This process helps me to be very focused and result driven. I define very clear goals and they need 2 months to complete. Clearly, this new routine require changes in my daily life routine but for me this isn't a huge sacrifice and I could live with that because my new routine will not last for 12 months.

What activities I plan within short period of 2 months?
Personally, I think list of activities that I could complete in 2 months are immense, but here is the list of things which I have tried or want to try...
  • Learn new skills (to help personal or professional life)
  • Weight Loss (attend weight-loss course)
  • Healthy Eating (Vegetarian diet or whatever seems to be right)
  • Detox Period (Alcohol / Smoke)
  • Learn new language (basic) -> this is my personal favorite (so much easier to travel)
My next immediate goal is to be get 2 professional certification between Nov - Dec 2019. I'll update my progress here #3-2-C 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What am I trying to achieve "Better Life"

Follow success to be Happy?